BARBIZON & FONTAINEBLEAU CASTLE & VAUX LE VICOMTE CASTLE (10 Hours)
Ask for a quote
This 10-hour tour will allow you to visit in the morning the village of Barbizon, also called “the village of painters”. Your tour will continue with a visit to the castle Fontainebleau, and then with a visit to the Vaux le Vicomte Castle, a place whose beauty and opulence have inspired the greatest French monarchs.
BARBIZON & FONTAINEBLEAU CASTLE & VAUX LE VICOMTE CASTLE – PRIVATE GUIDED TOUR (10 Hours)
Code : BAFOVV/10H
This 10-hour outing will allow you to visit, in the morning :
– The Barbizon village : commonly known as the Âvillage of paintersÂ, Barbizon is the cradle of French landscape painting. During your visit, you will discover, among others, the Ganna Inn, once the HQ of the Barbizon painting saga, now the Museum of the School of Barbizon, the Théodore Rousseau workshop, or the house-workshop of Jean-François Millet that has kept its genuine outward appearance from the last century.
– The Fontainebleau Castle : abode of King François 1st and of Napoleon Bonaparte, the Château de Fontainebleau is the witness of the successive periods of French history (medieval, Renaissance and Classical). A guided tour of the Castle will allow you to discover the Ballroom, the Empress’ Room, the Throne Room, the Trinity Chapel, the “Petits Appartements”, the “Salon”, the Chinese Museum and the Napoleon 1st Museum.
A free visit of the Gardens will allow you to discover the Cheval Blanc courtyard, the “Cour de la Fontaine”, the English Garden, the Park, “Grand Parterre” and the Diane Garden.
After some free time for lunch at the Fontainebleau Castle, you will be driven to Vaux le Vicomte, to visit :
– The Vaux le Vicomte Castle : Nicolas Fouquet ordered the creation of what remains today one of the most beautiful French masterpieces. Surrounded and superbly advised by the architect Le Vau, the painter and decorator Le Brun and the gardener Le Nôtre, Nicolas Fouquet succeeded in dazzling and inspiring generations.
* The offer details above are merely suggestions and cannot under any circumstances be considered as a fixed program.
* The suggested program is likely to vary according to season and demand.
BARBIZON & FONTAINEBLEAU & VAUX LE VICOMTE CASTLE – PRIVATE GUIDED TOUR (10 Hours)
Code : BAFOVV/10H
Information to be taken into consideration when booking an excursion to Barbizon and to the Fontainebleau and Vaux le Vicomte Castles :
Opening hours for the Fontainebleau Castle :
– From October to March: the Castle is open every day except Tuesdays, 9:30 to 17:00.
– From April to September: the Castle is open every day except Tuesdays, from 9:30 to 18:00.
Opening hours for the Vaux le Vicomte Castle :
– From 19 March to 13 November, the Castle is open every day, from 10:00 to 18:00.
– The “Jeux d’Eau” (“Water Activities”) of the Castle take place on the second and last Saturday of each month, from 26 March to 12 November, from 15:00 to 18:00.
– The “Soirées aux Chandelles” (“Chandelier Evenings”) (extra cost) take place every Saturday evening from 17 May to 8 October, from 20:00 to midnight.
* Our tip :
To fully benefit from your excursion, we recommend a departure from Paris at 9:00.
* Your excursion includes :
– The transfer to and from the place of your choice (specified when booking the excursion), in an air-conditioned vehicle.
– “No Queuing Tickets” to enter the Castles without waiting in the long lines.
– A tourist guide (English, Spanish, French: if you need another language, please make the request when booking).
* Please note :
– Strollers and baby carriers with metal frames are not allowed inside the Castle.
– Pet animals are not allowed inside.
– Night service, Sundays and French bank holidays: an extra 20% is charged on the basic rate.
– Rates are set and reminded when leaving Paris.
– Please book for your excursion at least 24 hours in advance, by telephone (+ 33 (0) 184.108.40.206.00) or online via our website.